This is how to fix the issue where a Windows program opens off screen.
I have a program installed and running on my Windows 10 PC that is “stuck” on a 2nd monitor that’s no longer attached to my computer! No matter what I tried, I couldn’t get the Window to appear – until I used the fix below.
- Are you a Windows user? After you use the fix below to get your missing program window back, check out my How to Clean Up Windows 10 PC tutorial to speed up and clean up your Windows desktop PC or laptop!
- Looking to upgrade to Windows 10? Then look no further: It’s free. Click here to learn from Microsoft how to create your own Windows 10 install disc and upgrade to the latest Windows (which isn’t fantastic, but it’s “newer”).
Here’s how to wrangle that elusive off-screen window back into your main desktop view:
Windows Program Opens Off Screen FIX
In Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10:
- In the Windows task bar, click the icon of the program that’s off screen. The purpose of doing this is to make sure that the missing program window has the “focus”.
- Now press the Windows key and hold it down.
- Then press the Right-arrow key on your keyboard a couple times until the missing window appears!
How Does This “Windows Program Opens Off Screen” Fix Work?
When a Windows program opens off screen, this Windows 7 (and later) feature basically just moves the window to the other screens your computer has attached (or thinks it has attached).
More Windows Tutorials
Check out our YouTube channel! KFireTV YouTube