Use this step-by-step tutorial to learn how to do the Kodi 18 Install (BETA – unstable version) on Firestick / Fire TV, Windows, Mac, and Android process. Updated Saturday June 24, 2017.
WARNING: Kodi 18 is still in development. It is not stable yet! DO NOT INSTALL KODI 18 BETA OVER KODI 17 unless you acknowledge that your entire Kodi installation could become unusable (and need to be erased / reset). So, only install Kodi 18 if you want to experiment with a buggy version of Kodi. Install Kodi 18 at your own risk. Kodi 18 Alpha is not intended for normal Kodi use – only as a “preview” or as a proof of concept that some TV Addons and Kodi Builds already work on Kodi 18 Beta. Until Kodi 18 Final Version is released, use Kodi 17.
This page also has Direct Download links (scroll down) for the Official Kodi 18 Install files for each operating system.
And BTW, Kodi 18’s name is “Leia” – like the Star Wars character.
In this article, you’ll first see Kodi 18 download links (immediately below). I then walk you through step-by-step How to Install Kodi 18 on Firestick. After that, I show you How to Install Kodi 18 Ares Wizard and some more details about Kodi 18.
Kodi 18 Download Links:
- Download Kodi 18 Firestick & Fire TV version (.APK file beta download for Android smartphones, tablets & TV boxes). Scroll down past this Download Links section to install Kodi 18 on Firestick. (Or, if you already know how to install Kodi on Firestick, then just enter the address http://bit.ly/k18fskfiretv into the “Downloader” app’s “Address” field.
- Kodi 18 Windows 32-bit (.exe file – for older Windows PCs). To install Kodi 18 Beta in Windows 32-bit, just download the EXE file, run it, and follow the installer on your screen.
- Kodi 18 Windows 64-bit (.exe file – for newer Windows PCs). Kodi 18 64-Bit version is NEW in Kodi 18. Krypton, Jarvis, and all Kodi versions prior to 18 have no x64 version! Install Kodi 18 64-bit by downloading the EXE file – then just run the EXE file to start the Kodi 18 Windows installer.
- Kodi 18 for Mac OSX (.dmg file beta download for x86 / x64 based Mac OS computers). For installing Kodi 18 on Mac OS, just launch the .dmg file.
- Kodi 18 Android (.apk file beta download for Android smartphones, tablets & TV boxes). Kodi 18 Android is easy to install: just download the .APK file and run it on your Android device!
Kodi 18 Install on Firestick:
Use the Kodi 18 Install video (below) or the step-by-step written instructions (further below) to Install Kodi 18 on FireStick in just a few minutes:
Here’s the step-by-step easy way on How to install Kodi 18 on Firestick:
- From the Firestick / Fire TV homescreen, go to Settings, then System.
- Now go to Developer Options, then turn on Apps From Unknown Sources and Enable ADB Debugging.
- Then return to the Firestick home screen by pressing the Home button on your Fire TV remote.
- Now go to Search (which may be a magnifying glass icon) from the Firestick home screen
- Then enter “Downloader“. After you enter the word “Downloader”, select the word Downloader using the arrows on the Fire TV remote and the “Center” button.
- In the search results, select “Apps & Games“.
- Then select Downloader
- Now select Install
- Then press Open
- Enter http://bit.ly/k18fskfiretv in the Address field of the Downloader app
- Select the “Download” button
- Wait for Kodi 18 to download.
- When it’s done, select “Install“. Then press “Yes“.
- After Kodi 18 finishes installing, select “Open” to launch Kodi.
- Once Kodi 18 starts up and you see the Kodi 18 home screen, install Kodi 18 Ares Wizard using the steps below to start streaming great content!
How to Install Kodi 18 Ares Wizard
I then used Ares Wizard to install Pulse build in Kodi 18 Firestick.
After Kodi starts back up into Pulse build, Kodi gave me a message saying Xonfluence skin couldn’t be loaded. No big deal! Kodi still loaded up just fine for me – with many new TV Addons from Ares Wizard’s Pulse Build!
Kodi 18 Install FireStick version
- Download Kodi 18 for FireStick here
Get Kodi 18 Firestick by clicking on this download link. This will download the Kodi 18 Firestick APK file, which is simply just the Kodi 18 installer file. So, there are a few ways to install Kodi 18 on FireStick
What Operating Systems Does Kodi 18 Beta / Alpha Support?
See the top of this page for the download links for each of the Kodi 18 operating systems below:
- Kodi 18 is available for Windows 32-bit computers
- Or get Kodi 18 for Windows 64-bit
- For Macs and Macbooks, get Kodi 18 for Mac OSX
- Kodi 18 Android works on Android mobile phones, tablets, and Android TV Boxes
Kodi 18 Alpha vs Beta
What stage is Kodi 18 currently in?
Kodi 18 (at the time of writing this article) is actually in Alpha phase. No, not like Street Fighter Alpha – more like the Greek letter Alpha, which means “the beginning”.
But Kodi 18 Alpha still works surprisingly well, even though it’s still in its pre-release (or “development”) stages!
So the differences between Kodi 18 Alpha and Kodi 18 Beta will most likely be unnoticeable, since Kodi usually has relatively “small” user interface updates from Alpha stage to Beta stage.
Kodi 18 Install (Alpha – on Amazon FireStick)
I just now did the Kodi 18 Install & download process (aka Kodi 18 Alpha) on my FireStick and installed No Limits Build (the Firestick Lite version!) in about 10 minutes flat.
I even created an easy-to-enter link for you to download Kodi 18 Firestick version. Here’s the link:
- http://bit.ly/k18fskfiretv (which is short for Kodi 18 Firestick [Alpha] for use with the KFireTV [this site] install guide).
Simply get the Downloader app on your Fire Stick by downloading it from the Fire TV app store. Then launch Downloader and enter the Kodi 18 Firestick download link above (http://bit.ly/k18fskfiretv).
Kodi 18 Release Date
The official release date of Kodi 18 Leia (Final version) is unknown. Since Kodi 17 Krypton was released around January of 2017, it’s safe to assume Kodi 18 will be released around..
What’s New in Kodi 18?
As I check out Kodi 18 to find the difference between Kodi 17 and Kodi 18, I’ll update this section of this page with my notes. For now, here’s what I observed about Kodi 18 vs Kodi 17 Krypton:
- Kodi 18 now has a 64-bit version available for newer Windows PCs and laptops! This is totally new for Kodi; Kodi 18 is the first version of Kodi to include an “x64” release (aka “64-bit”). What does that mean? Kodi takes advantage of the fast processing power of the 64-bit CPU architecture in newer PCs. So better playback, less buffering, and more streaming!
Check back later as I update this page with more Kodi 18 details.