This guide shows you how to change Kodi 17 skin back to the “old” default Kodi 16 Jarvis skin. See the video tutorial immediately below this sentence – or use the written guide below that!
Kodi 17 has many great improvements that we want to take utilize. Simply put, the new Kodi 17 skin is a little bit unfamiliar for existing Kodi users. So, use this guide to restore Kodi 17 skin (or “theme”) back to Kodi 16 skin:
Related video tutorials:
Kodi Security warning: Hide your location (Ashburn, VA) and IP address (22.214.171.124) now.
- How to Install TVAddons in Kodi 17 (using the new Indigo Wizard)
- How to Install Kodi 17 Krypton on FireStick
- How to Install Kodi 16 Jarvis on FireStick
How to Change Kodi 17 Skin
- From the Kodi 17 home screen, go to Settings (which is the gear icon in the top left corner)
- Then select Interface Settings
- Now select SKIN from the right-hand part of the Kodi screen
- Use the right button on the Amazon Fire TV remote to choose “Get more“
- Then scroll down, find Confluence, and select Confluence
- Wait a few seconds for Kodi to install Confluence skin (which is the default Kodi 16 skin)
- Select “Yes” to confirm that you want to keep the new skin
- The Kodi 16 Jarvis default skin is now installed! At this point, return to the Kodi home screen and use Kodi like you did in the “old days” ;)
What’s the name of Kodi 16 Skin (“default” Kodi Jarvis skin)?
Confluence is the name of Kodi 16 skin. But you can change the Kodi 17 default skin to whatever skin you’d like.
What is the name of Kodi 17 Skin (“default” Kodi Krypton skin)?
Estuary is the name of Kodi 17.0 skin. Although Estuary is a great theme, most long-time Kodi fans will prefer good old Confluence. But the important thing is what is easiest for you to use. So switch to whatever theme you want!
On which Kodi-enabled devices does this Skin-switch work?
This skin-change method works on all Kodi-capable devices, even though we did the YouTube video demonstration (above) using Fire Stick. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Amazon FireStick & Fire TV
- Android smartphones, tablets, and Android TV Box units
- Mac computers
- Windows PCs
- Raspberry Pi
- and all other Kodi streaming players.
The default Kodi 17 skin is a new experience for most Kodi users. Therefore, you should make things easy on yourself and install the Kodi Confluence skin.
This makes it easier to install TV Addons in Kodi. Since we are more familiar with the old Kodi layout, we install addons much faster by having Kodi run the old theme.
60% off VPN Coupon
Take 60% off the same VPN I use.
- Simple Internet security
- Set it up with my tutorial videos
- Unblock & hide Kodi streams
(No-Risk 7-Day Money Back Guarantee)
Or see my video that shows you how a VPN stops hackers .
Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.