This tutorial walks you through How to Install Showbox for streaming movies & TV on an Android device (smartphone, TV box, and more). At the end of this article we also show you the best ShowBox alternatives.
- On your Android device, go to the Settings area. Then under Settings, go to Security. Now turn on Apps from Unknown Sources
- In your Android’s browser, Google “ShowBox APK” and download the most recent Showbox installer (“.APK file”)
- After the APK File downloads, Open the downloaded file
- Proceed to finish the installation by answering “Yes” or “Proceed” to any on-screen prompts that may appear.
- Launch Showbox by finding it in your Android’s apps menu, then press the Showbox icon.
ShowBox on FireStick
- CetusPlay Kodi Install (Tutorial)
- Download CetusPlay and install it using our Install CetusPlay Kodi tutorial or by using the info at this link: https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-install-showbox-on-Amazon-Fire-Stick-TV
- To install Showbox on FireStick, simply Sideload Showbox for FireStick / Fire TV. The ShowBox app was designed for touchscreen devices, so you’ll need either an actual Bluetooth mouse to control Showbox on FireStick, or use a mouse app on your phone to control your Fire TV / FireStick via “virtual mouse app”.
How to Sideload ShowBox to FireTV
- Install CetusPlay on Android
- Install ShowBox on Android (directions above)
- Use CetusPlay to transfer and install (or “sideload”) ShowBox to FireStick
- Launch ShowBox on FireTV from the Fire TV “Apps” Menu
ShowBox for iOS
- See http://showboxios.com/ for Showbox on iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)
Stream Showbox to Chromecast (Coming soon)
- Install Crackle on Android
- Install Popcornflix on Android
- Install TVAddons in Kodi
- Install Kodi on FireStick 2017
Showbox Download Issues
If you’re having problems downloading Showbox videos, then downgrade your Showbox app to v4.69. How do I downgrade Showbox?
- Do this by uninstalling Showbox
- Then just download and then install the ShowBox v4.69 APK file by Googling “ShowBox 4.69 APK File”.
Unfortunately, ShowBox Has Stopped
In the case that you get the error message “Unfortunately, ShowBox has stopped”, then try this fix:
- Go to Settings
- Then go to General
- Now go to Apps
- Then Select Show Box
- Now choose Force Stop and then press Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- Then restart ShowBox
- If ShowBox not working is still an issue, then try to reinstall ShowBox by following the steps at the top of this page. If you still have problems with ShowBox, then try an alternativfe such as the free “Movie HD” app for Android devices.
ShowBox Watch Now Button Missing
In the unlikely case that the ShowBox “Watch Now” button is missing, then simply modify the server option from “torrents” to a server-to-stream video, as opposed to download.
ShowBox Error Message “You need MX Player for playing this video. Please install it for free.”
- ShowBox requires MX Player to stream movies. Simply install the free, safe, highly-rated MX Player for Android on Google Play Store by clicking here.
If you have questions, ask on the KFire YouTube Channel.
Online privacy quiz (5 points, from KFireTV Admin)
Q: True or False - Your IP Address is: 22.214.171.124
A: Not sure? Find out here. If you didn't know the answer, then your online identity is at risk - and you should immediately protect yourself with a Secure VPN. This will also unblock Kodi add-ons and International TV channels, enable anonymous surfing, automate data encryption, and prevent third-party data snooping.
P.S. Take 60% off (for KFireTV visitors only).