This tutorial walks you through How to Install Show Box on Firestick / Fire TV.
We install Show Box Firestick version by just installing a Downloader app, then Show Box, then the CetusPlay virtual mouse / third party app store app (which is required to use Show Box if you don’t already have a Bluetooth mouse to connect to your Fire stick or Fire TV).
- Related Tutorial: How to Install Terrarium TV Kodi Alternative
What’s in this Install Show Box on Firestick tutorial?
In this tutorial, we end up installing 4 apps on your Firestick (in this order: Downloader, Aptoide, Show Box, CetusPlay). Don’t worry – every single one of these apps is trustworthy, tested, and extremely useful. You’re likely to use most of them on a regular basis now anyway, so forge ahead with confidence!
Downloader, Aptoide, Show Box, and CetusPlay: A Killer Combo
The Downloader app is just an easy way to download the Aptoide APK file (or “Android installer package” file). And the Aptoide app is basically a third party app store for Firestick and Fire TV. Aptoide lets us install Show Box with 1 Click (the latest version of Show Box, too). Finally, CetusPlay lets you control the Show Box app (since Show Box app was designed for touchscreen devices like smartphones).
Third Party App Store for Firestick & Fire TV
By the way, did we mention that Aptoide and CetusPlay each have their own third party Firestick app stores? This is super cool for people who want “jailbroken” or third-party (or “modded”) apps to run on their Amazon Firestick or Fire TV device.
- Important: To use Show Box, you must install the CetusPlay app on an Android or iOS device to use as a “virtual mouse” (Step-by-Step guide below, or use a Bluetooth mouse). Why? Show Box was built for touch-screen devices, but works great on Firestick / Fire TV if you use CetusPlay to “simulate” the touches of a touchscreen device (using your smartphone’s screen as the touchpad!). It may sound complicated to some, but it’s actually quite easy. We just install a few apps on Firestick using the steps below: 1) a Downloader app to download and install ShowBox, 2) Show Box for watching streaming movies & TV shows, and 3) CetusPlay to act as a virtual mouse.
- What’s this “1 Click Install” business all about? Well, after you install CetusPlay on Firestick using the directions below, to install Show Box on Firestick is a 1-click process. See how now, brown cow:
Sections in this Install Show Box on Firestick Tutorial:
Use these “quick-jump” links to instantly hop to the most important sections in this article.
- Part 1: Install Downloader app on Fire stick or FireTV
- Part 2: Use Downloader to Install Aptoide (Third-Party App Store for Firestick)
- Part 3: Use the Aptoide app to Install Showbox on Firestick or Fire TV
- Part 4: Install CetusPlay to Control Show Box
Before You Install, Know to Choose These Streams
ProTip: The bitrates that Show Box allows you to choose from are actually higher than what they say. Additionally, playing Show Box streams on Firestick that are labeled as “720P” actually seemed to be 1080P – and caused an Audio Out of Sync issue. After I tried a “720P” stream, I then played the stream labeled as “480P” (which was definitely 720P or higher resolution!) and there’s absolutely no lag in the audio stream or video stream (with Blu-Ray quality video and audio). So, when playing Show Box streams on Firestick, use the “480P” option to get HD video and no Audio Offset issues. Don’t pick 720P – expect the audio and video to be out-of-sync if you choose 720P.
How to Install Show Box on Firestick or Fire TV (+ Virtual Mouse)
To install Show Box on Firestick or Fire TV, simply follow the mini-processes below. It takes about 5 minutes total:
Part 1: Install Downloader app on Firestick or Fire TV
First we Enable Apps from Unknown sources on your Firestick and install Downloader app from the Amazon app store, like this:
- From the Fire TV home screen, go to Settings (which is in the top right corner of the Fire TV main menu)
- Then go to Device
- Now select Developer Options
- Turn on “Apps from Unknown Sources“, then press “Yes” to confirm the selection
- Now return to the Fire TV home screen
- Then select the Search icon from the top left corner (this is small magnifying glass icon)
- Enter “downloader” into the search box (without the quotes)
- Then select the word “downloader” by using the Down button on the Fire TV remote, then press the Center button with “downloader” selected (highlighted in Yellow) to perform the search
- From the search results, select “Apps & Games“
- Then select the icon of the Downloader app using the Center button on the Fire TV remote
- Now press the Center button again to select “Get” in the Downloader app screen.
- Wait for the Downloader app to install on your Firestick or Fire TV.
- When it’s done, the “Get” button changes to say “Open”. Select “Open” by pressing the Center button on the Fire TV remote.
Now we’re ready to use the Downloader app to download and install Aptoide TV on Firestick / Fire TV. Why? Because Aptoide TV lets us install Show Box on Firestick.
Part 2: Use Downloader to Install Aptoide (Third-Party App Store for Firestick)
In this section, we use the Downloader app we installed in the previous section to download and install the Aptoide TV APK file.
- After the Downloader app launches, dismiss any welcome messages that appear.
- Then make sure the “http://” field is selected (underlined in Orange). Then press the Center button on the Fire TV remote to select the “http://” field.
- Now use the on-screen keyboard to enter this address: http://bit.ly/a323kftv (This address is short for “Aptoide 3.2.3 APK file”)
- Proceed to download the Aptoide APK file using the Downloader app by pressing “Go” in the on-screen keyboard
- When the download is complete, wait for the app to automatically launch the Aptoide installer
- After the Aptoide installer launches, your Firestick or Fire TV will display a screen saying “Do you want to install Aptoide?”. When you see this, select “Install” (in the bottom right corner) using the Fire TV remote.
- Then wait for Aptoide to install. When it’s done, select “Open” to launch Aptoide.
Now that Aptoide (third party app store) is installed, we use Aptoide to easily install the latest version of Show Box on Firestick or Fire TV.
Part 3: Use the Aptoide app to Install Showbox on Firestick or Fire TV
Now we use the “Aptoide TV” app we just installed in the steps above to install Show Box on Firestick.
- If you see the Aptoide home screen on your device, then go immediately to the next step. If you don’t see the Aptoide app screen on your device, then launch Aptoide by going to (from the Amazon Fire Stick home screen) Settings – Applications – Manage Installed Applications – Aptoide – Launch application.
- Now that we see the Aptoide home screen, go to the “Top Applications” section in Aptoide TV
- Then find “Show Box” and press the Show Box icon using the Center button of the Fire TV remote
- Press the “Install” button using the Center button on the Fire TV remote.
- After Show Box is installed, select “Open” on your screen to launch Show Box. Or, from the Amazon Fire Stick home screen, go to Settings – Applications – Manage Installed Applications – Show Box – Launch application.
- You’re almost done! Now we just install a virtual mouse app to control Show Box. So continue to the next section to install CetusPlay virtual mouse, which is required to control Show Box (if you don’t have a Bluetooth mouse)
Part 4: Install CetusPlay to Control Show Box
Finally, we install CetusPlay on our Android / iOS device and “link it up” with our Firestick to give us a “virtual mouse” that enables us to use Show Box for Firestick!
- On your Android or iOS phone, go to the app store (Google Play Store for Android, or iTunes app store for iPhones / iPads)
- Then search for CetusPlay
- Select CetusPlay in the search results, then press INSTALL to install CetusPlay on your Android / iOS device.
- Then, after CetusPlay installs on your Android or iOS device, launch the Cetus Play app.
- Once CetusPlay launches, go to “Manage Connections” in the CetusPlay app.
- Then select the icon that says “Smart TV” or “Fire TV” in the visual map of your home’s WiFi network that displays in the CetusPlay app.
- Wait while CetusPlay installs itself onto the Firestick or Fire TV and links up to the CetusPlay app on your smartphone / tablet. The “Smart TV” or “Fire TV” icon you pressed should show the install status with a circular progress bar around the “SmartTV” or “FireTV” icon itself.
- Once CetusPlay is finished installing on your Fire stick / FireTV, you can now control your Firestick or Fire TV using the CetusPlay mouse mode.
- Now turn on the CetusPlay mouse mode by going to the CetusPlay main menu (in the top left corner) – then select “Remote”.
- Then, after CetusPlay is in Remote mode, select the icon with four small squares in the top right corner. This icon changes the Mouse Mode of your CetusPlay “virtual remote”.
- Select “Mouse” from the mini popup menu that appears after you press the icon with four little squares.
- Now use CetusPlay on your Android phone as a virtual mouse that controls your Firestick / Fire TV! The Cetus Play app acts as a touchpad mouse, using your smartphone’s screen as the touchpad.
- So, now you launch the Show Box app on your Firestick. Then simply use the CetusPlay app’s “Mouse Mode” to control Show Box!
- For example, in Show Box, select the main menu of the Show Box app. Then press “Movies“. Now select a movie.
- IMPORTANT: Finally, select “480P” (if it’s not already selected) and press Play Movie to start streaming!
Problems Installing Show Box on Firestick?
If you have issues when you install Show Box on Firestick, check these suggestions.
Can’t install CetusPlay on Firestick?
I did have a near-issue when I went to install CetusPlay on Firestick using my Android phone. But the issue was the Show Box was still installing in the background, even though it said it was done installing. Immediately after the Firestick displayed a weird green “Show Box is now installed” notification, CetusPlay managed to install almost instantly on the Firestick.
Show Box Audio Out of Sync?
Try a lower bitrate. Trust me on this. Why? The bitrates that Show Box lets you choose from (360p, 480p, and 720p) seem to be actually higher than what they say.
- The streams you play as 720P in Show Box actually seem to be 1080P, which cause stuttering and audio offset issues on Firestick (which is expected, since Firestick generally doesn’t do extremely well with 1080P streams).
- 480P streams, on the other hand, seem to actually play at 720P or higher. The 480P stream had extremely clear video quality and zero Audio out-of-sync issues.
How to Launch Show Box on Firestick
- From the Fire TV home screen, go to Settings.
- Then go to Applications.
- Now go to Manage Installed Applications
- Find Show Box in the list of installed applications
- Select Show Box using the Fire TV remote
- Then press “Launch application” using the Firestick / FireTV remote.
On Which Amazon Devices Does Show Box Work?
I successfully tested Show Box on the following Amazon devices, as well as on my Android smartphone (yes, you can use this same process to install Show Box on Android smartphones and tablets):
- Amazon Firestick 1st Generation (the older one, without Alexa voice remote)
- Amazon Fire TV (box) 2nd Generation
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Android smartphone
How to Use ShowBox
Follow “Part 4” above to install CetusPlay on Firestick, which lets you control Show Box using CetusPlay’s virtual mouse.
- Once you have CetusPlay installed and working in Mouse Mode on Firestick, use mouse mode to press the Show Box main menu button (in the top left corner).
- Then select “Movies“.
- Wait for the list of movies to load up.
- Then select a movie.
- Now choose “480p”
- Then press “Play Movie“.
More Apps like Show Box:
- How to Install Kodi on Firestick (Latest version of Kodi + working TVAddons)
- See How to Install Terrarium TV on Firestick (another great Kodi Alternative similar to Show Box, but requires no mouse – you can use it just with the Fire TV remote).
Questions? Ask on the KFire Facebook page.