This tutorial shows you how to install Kodi Windows 8. The steps below will demonstrate step-by-step how to download Kodi Windows 8 and install it. If you’d like to watch the video tutorial version of this instead, see our Install Kodi Windows 8 video on YouTube.
Install Kodi Windows 8
- Download Kodi for Windows 8 by going to http://kodi.tv/download then click “Windows: Installer” to download the ~83MB Kodi installer (.exe) file directly from the official Kodi website.
- After the file downloads, launch the file to begin to install Kodi Windows 8 version.
- If you see a box pop up asking for permissions, then enter your password and/or click “Yes” to allow the installer to begin.
- Once the Kodi installer begins, you’ll see the “Kodi Setup” window appear, which says “Welcome to the Kodi Setup Wizard”
- Click Next
- Click I Agree to accept the agreement
- Click Next to continue. But before you click Next, make sure to leave the dropdown menu set to install the “Full” version of Kodi for Windows 8.
- At this point, you should see the “Choose Install Location” part of the process.
- Click Next.
- The Kodi installer should now be at a screen that says “Choose Start Menu Folder”.
- Click Install.
- Kodi will now install on Windows 8. The screen will say “Installing..“.
- The install process is complete when you see the Kodi installer window say “Installation Complete”
- Select the checkbox on the screen that says “Run Kodi“
- Click Finish to close the Kodi installer and launch Kodi.
- If you see a window pop up that says “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app”, simply click “Allow Access”. This way Kodi will be allowed to connect to the Internet to stream movies & TV shows.
Install TV Addons
Kodi Security warning: Hide your location (Ashburn,VA) and IP address (22.214.171.124) now.
To install TV Addons, you simply add a new file source (the soure is http://fusion.tvaddons.ag), then use Kodi’s zip file installer to install a Kodi app called the “Addon Installer”. Then with the Addon Installer, you can easily install the best TV addons with ease. Read our full guide on how to install Addon Installer.
Trouble with Install Kodi Windows 8 Process
Here are some common issues and their corresponding fixes you might need when installing Kodi (aka XBMC) on Windows 8:
- During the install process, the Kodi installer detects that there’s a previous installation of Kodi and asks if you’d like to overwrite the files. Usually, this is safe to go ahead with. Unless if you have a completely custom version of Kodi installed, it’s usually safe to overwrite the existing Kodi installation.
- Missing files (such as vcredist_x64.exe or others)? Sometimes this can be solved by installing the Visual C Runtime package by Microsoft.
- You receive a message that says “You are upgrading from XBMC to Kodi.” When it asks if you’d like to “copy your settings and library data from XBMC to Kodi”, you can say Yes.