The guide you have before you shows the newest, fastest, easiest Install Kodi on Fire Stick 2017 method – with No PC required, No phone required, and No ES File Explorer required. This method uses a super-easy [easyazon_link identifier=”B01N0BP507″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″ cart=”n”]Downloader[/easyazon_link] app for Fire TV (not ES Explorer) combined with a bit.ly shortlink to download and install Kodi on Firestick easily and reliably. Then we show you how to install TV Addons and how to install Kodi Builds.
How to Install Kodi on Fire Stick 2017
- In the FireTV home screen, go to Settings.
- Under Settings, select System.
- In System, find then select Developer Options.
- Once you’re in Developer Options, turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
- Now, return to the Fire TV homescreen by pressing the HOME button on the Fire TV Remote.
- From the Fire TV homescreen, go to Search
- Then enter “downloader” using the on-screen keyboard
- In the results that appear, Install the [easyazon_link identifier=”B01N0BP507″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Downloader[/easyazon_link] app for Fire TV & FireStick
- After the Downloader app installs, Open the app
- In the Downloader app, enter http://bit.ly/2hD04qA (the middle character is a Zero, not an uppercase “o”) or http://bit.ly/kodi161arm (same file – just an alternative download location).
- Then use the Fire TV Remote to select “Download” from within the Downloader app
- Once the File download completes, Open the File
- When the Fire TV asks if you’d like to Install or Cancel, select Install
- After Kodi installs, launch Kodi by going to the Fire TV Home screen.
- Then find Kodi under “Apps” and select the Kodi icon to launch Kodi. Then install TV Addons.
What Makes KFire TV’s Install Kodi on Fire Stick 2017 Method Different?
- This method requires no Phone, PC, and No ES File Explorer.
- We use a bit.ly shortlink to simplify the “address-entering” part of the download process, saving you time
- If the primary app we use to download Kodi onto the FireStick doesn’t work for you, there are alternatives that are just as easy, like an app called “FireDL” you’ll find under the “Top Free” sub-section of “Apps” in your Fire TV’s homescreen.
How to Find Alternate Downloaders for Fire TV & FireStick
Try the steps below if Method #1 (above) doesn’t work for you.
- From the FireStick / FireTV homescreen, go to Settings > System > Developer Options.
- Then Enable ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources. Now return to the Fire TV homescreen.
- From the FireTV home screen, use the up and down buttons on the Fire TV remote to select Apps.
- Use the down button to move to the “Top Free” sub-menu underneath “Apps” after “Apps” is selected (use the Center button to SELECT the Apps menu)
- Then, use the left and right buttons on the FireStick / Fire TV remote to find “File Commander – File Manager” and “FireDL“. The FireDL app should be your go-to if the Download app (method in the section above) doesn’t work.
- Select one of the apps above – we recommend FireDL. Downloader is the easiest, but if that doesn’t work for you then try FireDL.
- After you install the free Fire TV downloader app of your choice, it’s time to Open the downloader app you installed.
- Once your downloader app is Open, use it to Enter “http://bit.ly/2hD04qA” (the middle character is a ZERO – not a capital letter “o” – and Enter it without the quotes).
- After you enter the address above, find the Download button in the downloader app and select it to download Kodi.
- Once Kodi downloads, Open the File and choose “Install“.
- Launch Kodi by going to the Fire TV home screen, then select the Kodi icon under Apps now that Kodi is installed.
More Ways (Videos) to Install Kodi on FireStick & Fire TV
- ES File Explorer Method: Install Kodi on FireStick ES File Explorer
- Sideload Method: Install Kodi on FireStick Android Sideload
- ADB Link Method with PC: Install Kodi on FireStick PC Method
If the primary install Kodi on Fire Stick 2017 method didn’t work for you, try an alternate “downloader” app, such as FireDL. See above for the directions to install Kodi with FireDL.
Kodi Security warning: Hide your location (Ashburn, VA) and IP address (220.127.116.11) now.
After Kodi is installed, you should install TV Addons or install Kodi Beast build. TV Addons are easier to install, because Kodi builds take longer to download and can be finnicky. So if you’re not experienced with Kodi, then install TV addons using Config Wizard. That’s the easiest way to install TV Addons for inexperienced Kodi users. However, install Kodi builds to get a full Kodi package all set up on your FireStick or FireTV if you’re an experienced Kodi user.
If you have any troubles, ask on the KFire TV YouTube Channel and don’t forget to click the Subscribe button!