This detailed guide will show you how to add subtitles to any movie or TV show you watch on Kodi 17.1. We will be using the add-on provided by OpenSubtitles.org for installing Kodi 17.1 subtitles.
- Related: How to Install All TVAddons with Kodi 17 .1 Config Wizard (via Indigo Wizard)
- Related: Kodi 17.1 How to Install Addons + Top TV Addons for Krypton
- + See How to Disable Kodi Subtitles by Default
WHY DO WE NEED KODI 17.1 SUBTITLES?
All of us have experienced the times when we play a movie or a TV show on Kodi and the sound quality of the stream isn’t up to the mark. Installing Kodi 17.1 subtitles solve this issue and make the content enjoyable again. Apart from this, sometimes the audio of a particular stream is too low and due to this, we are not able to hear words that are being spoken in the movie/TV show that is being streamed. Once you learn how to add subtitles in Kodi 17.1, this issue is automatically solved. There may also be times when someone may want to see subtitles within a different language. Again, once you learn how to add subtitles to Kodi, you can take care of this problem as well.
In this tutorial, we will be using the add-on provided by OpenSubtitles.org in order to add subtitles to your movies and TV shows. It is the most popular Kodi 17.1 add-on currently available free of cost for adding subtitles. OpenSubtitles.org add-on comes with a couple of nice features such as the availability of multilingual subtitles and the rating system for subtitles. The rating system shows you how other users have rated the subtitle. Moreover, it also displays the count of how many times a particular subtitles file has been downloaded. This information helps you in choosing the right subtitles prior to downloading them. Follow the steps given below in order to install and configure OpenSubtitles.org add-on.
Are you really in Ashburn, VA? If so, get this VPN (60% off) to hide your Location and your IP address. We also see that your IP address is 18.104.22.168. All sites can track you until you hide your IP. Stay safe! -Ian
HOW TO INSTALL KODI 17.1 SUBTITLES
- First of all, register for a free opensubtitles.org account at https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/newuser
- Make sure you have confirmed your email after signing up for the free account
- Open the Kodi 17.1 application
- From the panel on the left side, click on Add-ons
- Open the Add-on Browser by clicking the little box icon which appears at the top-left corner of the screen right next to the power button
- Select Install from repository
- From the list that appears, select Subtitles
- A list of different add-ons will appear. Click the one with the name “opensubtitles.org”
- Click the Install button
- On the same screen, click on the Configure button
- Enter the username and password you used while making the account on opensubtitles.org
- Press OK
- Go back to Kodi home-screen
- At the top-left of the screen, click the System Settings Icon
- Go to Player Settings
- From the panel on left side, click on Language
- Under the label Download Services, change the below-mentioned options to as shown below:
– Languages to download subtitles for: English (you should select your language of choice here)
– Default TV Show service: OpenSubtitles.org
– Default movie service: OpenSubtitles.org
- Restart/relaunch the Kodi application
- In order to get subtitles for any movie or TV show, simply play it
- Click on the subtitles button that appears in the Video Player
- From there, choose the subtitle file you would like to use
- Enjoy your subtitles!
- For security and online privacy, it is highly recommended that you use a good VPN with Kodi 17.1