Awhile back, Amazon removed ES File Explorer from the default view in the Amazon Fire TV app store. Many people, including myself, thought ES File Explorer was no longer easily installable on the FireTV & Firestick. But alas! We can still install ES File Explorer on Fire TV without sideloading anything. Read on.
How to Install ES File Explorer on Fire TV without Sideloading
How-To Install ES File Explorer on Fire TV VIDEO:
How to Install ES File Explorer on Fire TV Step-By-Step Guide:
- From the FireTV home screen, go to SEARCH. Search is at the very top of the Home screen menu. FireTV Tip: Go to your FireTV’s home screen by pressing the HOME button on your remote
- Search for “es file” by entering it in the on-screen keyboard.
- In the results, select the ES File Explorer app.
- Select Download to download and install ES File Explorer on your Fire TV.
- Once it’s installed, hit Open to launch ES File Explorer on your Firestick / FireTV. That’s all, folks!
Q: What Do I Do After Installing ES File Explorer Without Sideloading?
- Use ES File Explorer to download and install APK files for awesome apps like Kodi, Kodi’s Ares Wizard, Emulators, ROMs, and literally any downloadable file.
- Use ES File Explorer to link your Cloud storage drive to your FireTV, so you can access your Dropbox / OneDrive files on your Fire TV (including ROMs, Emulators, and HD movies!).
More Ways to Install ES File Explorer
If you want to install ES File Explorer another way (or if the method above didn’t work for you), then try installing ES File Explorer by sideloading it to your Fire TV. Use our handy-dandy video tutorial to sideload ES File Explorer to your FireTV.
How to Sideload ES File Explorer to Fire TV with Android / iPhone
You can “sideload” ES File Explorer to your Fire TV using Android, iOS devices, or even a PC (see further below). See the steps below to sideload ES File Explorer using Android. For iOS devices like iPhone and iPad, the process is slightly different, but essentially the same (the “sideloader” app is $1.99 and you have to manually download the Kodi APK file – all this is covered in my iOS video on KFireTV).
- Enable ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
- Get an Android phone / tablet and install Apps2Fire or AGKFire from the Play Store (both are FREE)
- On the Android phone / tablet, also install ES File Explorer from the Google Play Store (Free).
- Open the Apps2Fire app on the Android phone / tablet and go to the SETUP tab
- Enter your Fire TV’s IP address in the SETUP tab and hit SAVE
- To get the FireTV IP address, go to SYSTEM, ABOUT, NETWORK using your FireTV / Firestick remote.
- Go to the LOCAL APPS tab of the Apps2Fire or AGKFire app
- Find ES File Explorer in that list
- Select ES File Explorer
- In the box that pops up, click INSTALL.
- Wait about a minute for ES File Explorer to install on your Firestick and BOOM – you’re done!
- Launch ES File Explorer by going to the Home screen, then APPS, then find the ES File Explorer app icon, select it and hit Launch or Open.
How to Install ES File Explorer on Fire TV with PC
Installing ES File Explorer on your Firestick with a PC is easy, if you’re somewhat PC-literate.
KFire TV News Wrap-Up
There you have it – the easiest way to install ES File Explorer on FireTV. Be sure to check out Kodi, the Ares Wizard, the Config Wizard, some great classic Emulators, and some killer old ROMs to play on your Emulators.
Questions? Let us know in the comments!
Online privacy quiz (5 points, from KFireTV Admin)
Q: True or False - Your IP Address is: 18.104.22.168
A: Not sure? Find out here. If you didn't know the answer, then your online identity is at risk - and you should immediately protect yourself with a Secure VPN. This will also unblock Kodi add-ons and International TV channels, enable anonymous surfing, automate data encryption, and prevent third-party data snooping.
P.S. Take 60% off (for KFireTV visitors only).