Awhile back, Amazon removed [easyazon_link identifier=”B008K6HN8I” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]ES File Explorer[/easyazon_link] from the default view in the [easyazon_link identifier=”B01DFTCV90″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Amazon Fire TV[/easyazon_link] app store. Many people, including myself, thought ES File Explorer was no longer easily installable on the FireTV & Firestick. But alas! We can still install ES File Explorer on Fire TV without sideloading anything. Read on.
How to Install ES File Explorer on Fire TV without Sideloading
How-To Install ES File Explorer on Fire TV VIDEO:
How to Install ES File Explorer on Fire TV Step-By-Step Guide:
- From the [easyazon_link identifier=”B00GDQ0RMG” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]FireTV[/easyazon_link] home screen, go to SEARCH. Search is at the very top of the Home screen menu. FireTV Tip: Go to your FireTV’s home screen by pressing the HOME button on your remote
- Search for “es file” by entering it in the on-screen keyboard.
- In the results, select the ES File Explorer app.
- Select Download to download and install ES File Explorer on your [easyazon_link identifier=”B00XNQECFM” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Fire TV[/easyazon_link].
- Once it’s installed, hit Open to launch ES File Explorer on your Firestick / FireTV. That’s all, folks!
Q: What Do I Do After Installing ES File Explorer Without Sideloading?
Now that you installed [easyazon_link identifier=”B008K6HN8I” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]ES File Explorer[/easyazon_link], you can use it for many things. But the most useful things will be the following list of Fire TV Hacks & tips:
- Use ES File Explorer to download and install APK files for awesome apps like Kodi, Kodi’s Ares Wizard, Emulators, ROMs, and literally any downloadable file.
- Use ES File Explorer to link your [easyazon_link identifier=”B00IEG0JOY” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Cloud storage drive[/easyazon_link] to your FireTV, so you can access your Dropbox / OneDrive files on your Fire TV (including ROMs, Emulators, and HD movies!).
More Ways to Install ES File Explorer
If you want to install ES File Explorer another way (or if the method above didn’t work for you), then try installing ES File Explorer by sideloading it to your Fire TV. Use our handy-dandy video tutorial to sideload ES File Explorer to your FireTV.
Are you really in Ashburn, VA? If so, get this VPN (60% off) to hide your Location and your IP address. We also see that your IP address is 22.214.171.124. All sites can track you until you hide your IP. Stay safe! -Ian
How to Sideload ES File Explorer to Fire TV with Android / iPhone
You can “sideload” ES File Explorer to your Fire TV using Android, iOS devices, or even a [easyazon_link identifier=”B01HNBLHAA” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]PC[/easyazon_link] (see further below). See the steps below to sideload ES File Explorer using Android. For iOS devices like [easyazon_link identifier=”B00WZR5ULU” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]iPhone[/easyazon_link] and [easyazon_link identifier=”B00OTWOAAQ” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]iPad[/easyazon_link], the process is slightly different, but essentially the same (the “sideloader” app is $1.99 and you have to manually download the Kodi APK file – all this is covered in my iOS video on KFireTV).
- Enable ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
- Get an [easyazon_link identifier=”B00WITKPQK” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Android phone[/easyazon_link] / tablet and install [easyazon_link identifier=”B00WQ7F9JM” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Apps2Fire[/easyazon_link] or [easyazon_link identifier=”B00QX52SLA” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]AGKFire[/easyazon_link] from the Play Store (both are FREE)
- On the Android phone / tablet, also install ES File Explorer from the Google Play Store (Free).
- Open the Apps2Fire app on the Android phone / tablet and go to the SETUP tab
- Enter your Fire TV’s IP address in the SETUP tab and hit SAVE
- To get the FireTV IP address, go to SYSTEM, ABOUT, NETWORK using your FireTV / Firestick remote.
- Go to the LOCAL APPS tab of the Apps2Fire or AGKFire app
- Find ES File Explorer in that list
- Select ES File Explorer
- In the box that pops up, click INSTALL.
- Wait about a minute for ES File Explorer to install on your [easyazon_link identifier=”B00ZVJAF9G” locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]Firestick[/easyazon_link] and BOOM – you’re done!
- Launch ES File Explorer by going to the Home screen, then APPS, then find the ES File Explorer app icon, select it and hit Launch or Open.
How to Install ES File Explorer on Fire TV with PC
Installing ES File Explorer on your Firestick with a [easyazon_link identifier=”B011B9E928″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]PC[/easyazon_link] is easy, if you’re somewhat PC-literate.
KFire TV News Wrap-Up
There you have it – the easiest way to install ES File Explorer on FireTV. Be sure to check out Kodi, the Ares Wizard, the Config Wizard, some great classic Emulators, and some killer old ROMs to play on your Emulators.
Questions? Let us know in the comments!