Use this easy tutorial to fix Exodus not working in Kodi 17.1 Krypton, Kodi 17.0, and Kodi 16 Jarvis. This guide was updated Friday August 18, 2017. If you’re using Kodi 17.0, Kodi 16.1 Jarvis, or any other version of Kodi, you must now update to Kodi 17.1 for TV Addons to work!
- Important UPDATE for Friday August 18, 2017: It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that ALL Kodi users now (re)-install Exodus from Cazwall Repository. See our How to Install Exodus from Simply Cat Repo tutorial to do it in about 5 minutes.
- Fusion.TVAddons.ag offline? Use our Indigo Wizard / Fusion Installer mirror links.
The somewhat new Exodus addon has been making its mark in the Kodi addons arena. With an intuitive user interface and smooth functionality, Exodus is a top contender. Exodus’ author, lambda, should be proud of his/her top-notch Kodi streaming addon: Exodus.
- Recommended: The long-awaited Firestick VPN app is now available!
- UPDATE #1 for 2017: You must now update Kodi to version 17.1 for Exodus to work 100% properly.
- UPDATE #2: Fusion Installer is now Indigo Wizard. Use Indigo tool to install Kodi 17.1 TV Addons like Exodus using Kodi 17 Config Wizard or AddOn Installer.
- UPDATE #3: Your ISP may be blocking Exodus streams. Unleash your Kodi with our Kodi VPN video tutorial & written guide. Take 60% off a 1 Year VPN subscription with our exclusive Coupon Code link: FIRETV25.
- UPDATE #4: Congress repealed Internet privacy laws. Read the full article to see how to protect yourself.
Kodi Security warning: Hide your location (Ashburn,VA) and IP address (184.108.40.206) now.
How to Fix “Exodus Not Working” Issue
Sometimes people will have “Exodus not working” issues: this is how to fix them.
- If you haven’t done so already, you *must* upgrade your Kodi to version 17.1 (note the “.1”), then you absolutely must update Kodi to v17.1 Krypton for TV Addons to work. Why? Because TV Addons went “secure” by implementing the HTTPS protocol (the “S” is for “Secure” – this is for your own good!).
- So, only Kodi 17.1 Krypton will play HTTPS streams (Kodi 17.0 Krypton will not!). If you’re already using Kodi 17.1 Krypton and you Exodus isn’t working still, then continue reading to troubleshoot and fix Exodus now.
- Your Internet Service Provider may be blocking TV streams from being sent to your Kodi device. To get around this, simply follow our Kodi VPN tutorial video step-by-step to unblock Kodi for you.
- Exodus may need to be re-installed. This situation happens when something goes wrong with Exodus’ files. Every now and then, something happens to a file Exodus needs to run. In this case, you can fix the issue by re-installing Exodus. To install exodus, simply make sure you’ve installed the Kodi 17 Config Wizard.
Or, you can just install the AddOn Installer – then use the AddOn Installer to (Re)install Exodus.
See our video (directly below) for a step by step guide on How to Install Exodus in Kodi.
How to Re-Install Exodus:
Once you install the Config Wizard (or at least the AddOn Installer, covered in the Install TVAddons video above), from within Kodi go to PROGRAMS, then go to ADDON INSTALLER, then go to the FEATURED ADDONS category, then select EXODUS, then select INSTALL EXODUS. Complete the installation by returning to the Kodi home screen, then Navigating to the “Add-ons” tab under “VIDEOS” in Kodi. When you launch Exodus, you’ll be greeted with an “update log” that shows the Exodus addon’s latest news stream. To get rid of it just press the “Back” button.
2) Kodi may need to be re-installed.
Similar to Exodus, Kodi can experience file issues. To fix this, re-install Kodi using our How to Install Kodi on Fire Stick guide.
3) You may have Internet issues.
If your Internet connection’s speed is limited, then your Exodus addon experiences a “bottleneck” caused by your limited Internet streaming speed. To fix this, try using a service such as IPVanish to access blocked Kodi addons and prevent your ISP from bottlenecking your Internet connection (psst.. there’s a 60% off coupon just for KodiFireTVStick.com users).
You may also need faster Internet access (this may not be possible if you live in a rural area).
By the way, Google trackers are lurking on 75% of websites. Cover your tracks to protect yourself.
- Test your internet speed for free to make sure you have enough bandwidth (at least 15mbps) to stream HD movies & TV shows!
4) Your streaming device may be overheating.
This is one of the most common causes for Exodus not working scenarios. Especially for the FireStick, small electronics streaming devices can get hot fast – especially when streaming HD content. So feel the outside of the streaming device. Is it hot to the touch? Would it melt ice cream? If so, get a [easyazon_link identifier=”B003FO0LG6″ locale=”US” tag=”arizonacaorg-20″]$10 fan[/easyazon_link] from Amazon to cool that puppy down!
5) The streaming sources that have been supplied / chosen are not available.
IF you’re getting messages like “Source not available” and you’ve reinstalled Kodi, reinstalled Exodus, and you have a solid Internet connection (greater than 15megabits/sec download speed) – THEN the sources being supplied by Exodus are most likely down. Dead. Gone. To come back at some point? Who knows!?
In this case, try different sources and/or other great free different TVaddons.
Wrap Up: Exodus Not Working – Worth It?
Regardless of intermittent issues you may run into with Exodus, it is by far one of the BEST Kodi addons we’ve experienced. The reliability, intuitive interface, and overall quality of the Exodus TV Addon is amazing. We hope the developer continues to provide us with great functionality.
See something we should have added? Let us know in the comments! We hope this article helped you fix Kodi not working. If not – let us know. Cheers.
P.S. – Also try Velocity.
Notice: Hackers create fake WiFi hotspots to steal your passwords when you log in to Starbucks WiFi. Secure your data.