This tutorial shows you how to perform the CetusPlay Kodi install process, which will install Kodi on FireStick for you and give you mouse control from your Android smartphone.
CetusPlay Kodi Install
- Enable ADB debugging on FireStick
- In Google Play Store, install Kodi on your Android smartphone (or other non-FireStick Android device)
- Now, in the Google Play Store, install CetusPlay on your Android
- Connect CetusPlay to FireStick by entering FireStick IP address into CetusPlay
- In CetusPlay, choose to Install Kodi on the FireStick
- After Kodi is installed on FireStick with CetusPlay, use CetusPlay mouse app (built-in) to control Kodi with your smartphone
Here’s an Easier Way to Install Kodi
- Install Kodi 2017 Method (Video)
How to Control Kodi with Smartphone via CetusPlay
- The CetusPlay app has a built-in mouse app that allows you to control Kodi from your smartphone. This is particularly useful if you’re in the “I lost my FireStick remote” boat.
- CetusPlay’s mouse feature allows you to Navigate Kodi using D-Pad, the phone’s screen as a touch pad (laptop style), “mouse pad” mode, and even a keyboard (much easier than using Fire TV remote to hunt and peck).
Alternative Mouse Apps for FireStick
- WuKong Remote (no longer developed – but the APK can be found at https://apkpure.com/wukong-tv-remote-kodi-remote/com.wukongtv.wkremote.client.en)
CetusPlay App Details
Updated: January 21, 2017
Installs: Over 50,000
Current Version is 2.1.0
CetusPlay requires Android OS v3.1 or higher
Published by: CetusPlay Group
Official Email: email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.cetusplay.com/
Download CetusPlay for Phones
There are 2 versions of the CetusPlay app for Android: A version for phones and a version for TV Boxes. You most likely want the Phone version, which can be downloaded here (or download the APK file here).
Download CetusPlay for TV Box
Thanks to Bandu for the helpful tip via our Facebook page to write this article on CetusPlay. It’s user suggestions like this that help us give the Kodi community the latest info they need to keep streaming.
CetusPlay is a great way to install Kodi with Android smartphone (aka sideload Kodi) without using Apps2Fire, AGK Fire, or iOS Sideloader for Fire TV for iPhones.
If you have questions, ask on the KFire YouTube Channel.