Many users get the “Cannot download obb” error after installing Kodi.
Try this: When I had this error, I hit OK, re-launched Kodi, and the second time I launched it – it worked. I didnt’ receive the “Cannot download OBB” error, and Kodi continued to launch fully and successfully. So try this! Don’t just give up after you get the Cannot download OBB error once. If you launch Kodi a second time and still get the OBB error message, then try the other fixes below:
- News Update: The United States Congress Repealed Internet Privacy laws at the end of March of 2017. In direct response to this, I urge you to protect your data from being sold by your Internet Service Provider. (Use Coupon Code FIRETV25 at checkout for 60% off 1 Year VPN).
How to Fix Cannot Download OBB in Kodi
If you tried launching Kodi again and it says Cannot download obb repeatedly, try these other solutions:
- Uninstall Kodi and reinstall Kodi using the same method you used to install Kodi the first time
- Or, uninstall Kodi and reinstall Kodi using a different method than the previous time
- Check your Firestick’s connection to the WiFi network. You need a consistent connection to your WiFi router & network to stream movies & TV shows on the Firestick / Fire TV.
Explanation of Cannot Download OBB Error
From the research I did (scouring the Kodi forums), I found out a few key pieces of info about the Cannot download obb error:
- This is an ANDROID-related error. Not a Kodi error.
- Why? Because Android apps over 50MB are split up into multiple files (within the APK file – the APK file is similar to a zip file). So the OBB file acts as the “overage”, essentially, so the 59MB Kodi APK file more-or-less contains a 50MB file and a 9MB file. The “Cannot download OBB” error may indicate that all of the Kodi files may not have fully installed to your Firestick / Fire TV. To try to fix this, reinstall Kodi.
- Users who install Kodi on Firestick / Fire TV using the ANDROID Sideload method experience the Cannot download OBB error much less than users who install it another way (Sideload using iPhone, for example). So, simply check to see if this is the case in your situation. Uninstall Kodi and re-install Kodi using a friend’s Android phone.
If you continue to see the “Cannot download OBB” error after trying the fixes above, let us know. Leave a comment in the comment section below. Also, check the comments on the KFireTV YouTube channel.