How to Install XBMC Android: Fast & Easy Setup Guide
Looking to install XBMC Android? It’s pretty easy, since XBMC (aka Kodi) is an official app in the Google Play store that we can download for free. The XBMC installer can also be downloaded from other places as an APK file (see download links below). After that, you simply install XBMC Hub Wizard / TV Addons to get your stream on.
How to Install XBMC Android
- Go to http://kodi.tv/download on your Android device
- Click on the “Android: Google Play” link then click Install, or download one of the APK files below the Android icon, then Open the APK file.
- What is ARM for Kodi / XBMC Android? ARM is a type of processor that goes into many Android TV boxes.
- What is x86 for Kodi / XBMC Android? x86 is another type of processor that went into many “older” PCs.
- Unsure about which to choose? Read below, about Android ARM vs x86 vs Google Play
- After the XBMC installer is launched, we simply click through the prompts like we would when we’re installing any Android app to finish installing XBMC / Kodi.
- Once the XBMC Android install is complete, Launch XBMC (“Kodi”) for Android.
- (Recommended) Install TV Addons on XBMC Android
After you install XBMC Android, make sure you unlock Kodi’s potential by running the Config Wizard or installing the Addon Installer, with which you can install individual TV Addons. If you have install issues, read below.
Download XBMC for Android
- Get XBMC (“Kodi”) from the Google Play store for Free
- Download XBMC / Kodi for Android (APK File for ARM Devices) from Kodi.tv Official Site
- Download XBMC for Android (APK File for x86 Devices) from Kodi.tv Official Site
Issues Installing XBMC Android?
If you have XBMC install problems with Kodi / XBMC on Android, try these solutions:
- Did you try all three XBMC Download links from http://kodi.tv/download ? There are three different XBMC download links for Android:
- Download XBMC from Google Play,
- Download XBMC APK File for ARM Android Devices, and
- Download XBMC APK File for x86 Android Devices.
- If you’re not sure which of these to try, try all three! When you find the one that works, it’s the right one for your device ;) Or simply know that ARM is usually for Android TV boxes, x86 is usually for older PCs, and the Google Play XBMC download link should work on all / most / all other device types (particularly smartphones).
- Did you get a Cannot download OBB error? Follow our Cannot Download OBB troubleshooting guide to solve the OBB error on Android smart phones & Amazon Fire TV / Firestick.
Online privacy quiz (5 points, from KFireTV Admin)
Q: True or False - Your IP Address is: 188.8.131.52
A: Not sure? Find out here. If you didn't know the answer, then your online identity is at risk - and you should immediately protect yourself with a Secure VPN. This will also unblock Kodi add-ons and International TV channels, enable anonymous surfing, automate data encryption, and prevent third-party data snooping.
P.S. Take 60% off (for my beloved KFireTV visitors only).