Windows 8 Antivirus: How to Install + Run 1st Scan
This guide walks you through How to install Windows 8 Antivirus software to protect your PC from virus threats, malware, and other threats. Use the YouTube video in this post or use the written step-by-step guide below:
How to Install Windows 8 Antivirus
- Go to http://avg.com
- Click Download
- After the AVG installation file downloads, click Open File
- If your computer asks for your password, enter it now.
- When the AVG installer is open, click the prompts on-screen to proceed with the installation by clicking “Next” when appropriate. You do not need to install the “Internet Security” portion of the AVG antivirus program.
How to Scan for Virus with AVG
- Open AVG
- Use the “Scan now” button in the AVG program to begin your PC’s first antivirus and malware scan.
- Allow AVG plenty of time to scan everything on your computer’s hard drive.
- Then come back later and see what it found, remove any threats, and continue on!
What Does AVG Scan?
AVG scans for all common types of virus threats and malware, including but not limited to standard virus executable files, malicious browser bars, and other types of infections. AVG will also (usually) remove threats that cause a hijacked browser.
What is AVG?
AVG is a top-notch antivirus program that has been protecting PCs for several years now.
Free AVG Alternatives
- 360 Total Security
- Microsoft Security Essentials
Alternate Method to Install AVG
What Windows 8 tutorial videos would help you out? Let us know! Or if you have questions about AVG, ask us on the KFire YouTube channel.
Online privacy quiz (5 points, from KFireTV Admin)
Q: True or False - Your IP Address is: 18.104.22.168
A: Not sure? Find out here. If you didn't know the answer, then your online identity is at risk - and you should immediately protect yourself with a Secure VPN. This will also unblock Kodi add-ons and International TV channels, enable anonymous surfing, automate data encryption, and prevent third-party data snooping.
P.S. Take 60% off (for my beloved KFireTV visitors only).