SNES HDMI: How to Hook Up Super Nintendo to HDTV via HDMI
This tutorial shows you how to get SNES HDMI connected and ready to play your favorite Super Nintendo games. Most of this info is available at http://retrorgb.com/snescsync.html.
SNES HDMI: How to Hook Up SNES to HDTV
- (Item #1) You’ll need this S-Video to HDMI Video Converter ($42) (Or find another “AV to HDMI converter” on Amazon)
- (Item #2) The second thing you’ll need is this Super NES/N64/GameCube S-Video Cable ($8) (Or look for “3 in 1 S Video Cable – SNES, N64, and Gamecube” on Amazon)
- (Item #3) Lastly, we need this HDMI Cable ($3)
- Connect one end of the S-Video Cable (Item #2) in to the SNES
- Then connect the other end of the S-Video Cable (Item #2) into the input port on the Converter (Item #1)
- Now connect one end of the HDMI cable (Item #3) to the output port on the Converter (item #1)
- To complete the last cable connection, connect the remaining end of the HDMI Cable (Item #3) into the HDMI input port of your HDTV.
- Now you set the converter to “720P S-Video” display mode.
- At this point, your SNES should display on your HDTV with a nice, clear picture. You can tinker with the settings on your HDTV to see if it has a “smoothing” filter to eliminate sharp edges on pixelated parts of the screen.
Alternate SNES HDMI Method
Alternatively, you can try an all-in-one cable solution, such as:
- Buy a “Super Nintendo Famicom SNES RGB SCART cable for NTSC console CSYNC” from RetroGamingCables.co.uk. If you’re in the U.S., just make sure those cables you order from those sneaky English are NTSC (jk about the “sneaky” thing).
- Or you can try a “Super Nintendo stereo RGB SCART lead SNES CSYNC FULL SHIELD, GROUNDED cable” from eBay. This appears to be a 1-cable solution (around $40) for SNES HDMI connectivity. Although we haven’t actually ordered one to test it out on our Super Nintendo.
Yes, you can bring back the olden days and relive your childhood with this rad SNES revival method. What retro game tricks / mods / tips have you run across?
Online privacy quiz (5 points, from KFireTV Admin)
Q: True or False - Your IP Address is: 188.8.131.52
A: Not sure? Find out here. If you didn't know the answer, then your online identity is at risk - and you should immediately protect yourself with a Secure VPN. This will also unblock Kodi add-ons and International TV channels, enable anonymous surfing, automate data encryption, and prevent third-party data snooping.
P.S. Take 60% off (for my beloved KFireTV visitors only).