Google Daydream View: Price & Specs for Google’s VR Headset
This is a quick run-down of the Google Daydream View VR headset. The $79 Virtual Reality headset is the first model in Google’s new line of Virtual Reality headsets. The Daydream View headset is usable by anyone with a new Android phone (running Android Nougat). With such a low price tag, the Daydream View gives millions of people the chance to experience VR using their Google phone. See below for details.
Google Daydream View
- The Daydream View VR headset has a price tag of $79 and was released November 10th, 2016. “View” is the model name of Google’s first VR headset in their line of VR headsets called “Daydream”.
- Works with Android phones similar to Samsung Gear VR
- 9-axis head tracking, Bluetooth
- Google’s Pixel phones are “Daydream-ready”
Daydream View PROs
- The Daydream View VR headset costs only $79 on Amazon, compared to the hefty $500+ price tag of other VR headsets such as the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift
Daydream View CONs
- The Daydream View is currently powered by new Android phones, which are powerful, but not as powerful as a gaming PC or a gaming console. Therefore we can expect the Daydream View to have simpler content than the “major” VR systems.
- A newer Android phone is required, such as a Pixel phone. The Android Nougat Operating System (v7.0) includes the files necessary to run Daydream View. So all you have to do to get Google Daydream View up and running is buy a new Android phone ($500+) and a Daydream View headset ($79).
Google Daydream View won’t be competing with PS VR or Oculus Rift for a spot in the #1 Gaming VR Headset arena, but it does show that Google may be competitive in the casual gaming or “other VR apps” areas. What are your thoughts on the Google Daydream VR headset? Let us know on the KFire YouTube Channel.
Online privacy quiz (5 points, from KFireTV Admin)
Q: True or False - Your IP Address is: 126.96.36.199
A: Not sure? Find out here. If you didn't know the answer, then your online identity is at risk - and you should immediately protect yourself with a Secure VPN. This will also unblock Kodi add-ons and International TV channels, enable anonymous surfing, automate data encryption, and prevent third-party data snooping.
P.S. Take 60% off (for my beloved KFireTV visitors only).