How to Fix “Fire Stick Kodi Not Working”
Did Kodi stop working on your Fire Stick? Keep reading!
What happened to cause Kodi to stop working on my Fire Stick?
- Editor’s Note: Is buffering your problem? Read “What is Buffering?” at StreamingWiki.com and see our article here on KFireTV about How to fix buffering on Fire TV.
But sometimes you have a more physical problem, like your fire stick overheating or losing a network signal! Either way, you can get Kodi working again with a re-install of Kodi, a USB fan, or a new WiFi router (depending on what’s causing your issue – you may need more than 1!).
Blank screen on boot / black screen on boot: Fix black screen on Fire TV.
How to Fix “Fire Stick Kodi Not Working”
Possible Causes for Your Fire Stick Not Working and SOLUTIONS for Each:
The list below shows you the most common causes for your Fire Stick not working. Below the title for each are the instructions to fix the problem. The list is sorted from MOST likely to least likely to cause your Fire Stick Kodi not working problems.
Psst.. Believe it or not, Scenario #1 below is most likely your issue!
Scenario #1: Your Fire Stick is overheating. This is VERY common. Get a small fan and plug it in pointing at your FireStick.
The FireStick has quite a bit of power for its small size. This means that it generates a lot of heat and has no active heat dispersion method like air-cooling. So do it yourself! Buy a small fan for about $10 (they even make fans that work off of USB power these days), plug it in and place it pointed at your FireStick.
This should cool the little guy down so you can stream movies for hours without your Fire Stick Kodi not working due to overheating!
If you’re not sure whether your fire stick is overheating or not, touch it. If it feels hot, then it’s overheating.
Scenario #2: The Kodi app sometimes experiences a glitch or some other problem. Re-Install Kodi and TVAddons to try and fix it.
Try re-installing Kodi and TVAddons to get your FireStick working again, using these steps:
- Re-install Kodi and re-install your TVAddons. These days, it seems that using AGKFire or Apps2Fire is the most surefire way to install Kodi on FireStick. We have video install tutorials for installing Kodi on Fire TV using Android, iPhone, etc. But check out our Install Kodi on Fire Stick page anyway to see all the ways to re-install Kodi.
- After you’ve re-installed Kodi, install TVAddons.
How Do I Re-Install Kodi?
Re-install Kodi by simply removing your existing Kodi installation first, then installing it again. Do this by going to System > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Kodi > Remove Install Application. Once it has been removed, simply install Kodi by using one of the methods on our How to Install Kodi on FireStick page.
Scenario #3: Your Fire Stick is losing its connection to the network.
Fire TV losing network connectivity is a very common cause for your Fire Stick Kodi not working. Basically, the WiFi in the FireStick is only so good. And it has a limited range. So if your WiFi router is far away or puts out a weak signal, there are a few things to try:
- Move your router closer to your FireStick
- Move your Fire Stick closer to your Wifi / router
- Eliminate obstacles that are between your FireStick and the router
- Get a newer, better router for about $20
- See Situation #2 above (Overheating) – Your fire stick could lose network connectivity if it’s overheating. So fix it by adding a small fan next to your FireStick.
- Your ROUTER could be overheating (VERY common). Most cheap routers do seem to overheat. So once again, put a small fan next to it to cool that puppy down! If you’re not sure, hold your hand on your router – if it’s hot, it’s overheating and most likely causing your network connection to be slow or simply just drop out.
So there you have it – the three most common causes for your Fire Stick Kodi not working issues.
Try these fixes and let us know if you have any suggestions on our Facebook page :).
Online privacy quiz (5 points, from KFireTV Admin)
Q: True or False - Your IP Address is: 22.214.171.124
A: Not sure? Find out here. If you didn't know the answer, then your online identity is at risk - and you should immediately protect yourself with a Secure VPN. This will also unblock Kodi add-ons and International TV channels, enable anonymous surfing, automate data encryption, and prevent third-party data snooping.
P.S. Take 60% off (for my beloved KFireTV visitors only).