Fire TV Blank Screen on Boot
Are you getting a blank screen / black screen on boot with your Fire TV / FireStick? There’s not a whole lot of troubleshooting that can be done with this, but there are a few things.
To fix the black screen / blank screen, we use the following steps to troubleshoot it:
- Your FireTV went to sleep and you just need to wake it up. You can wake up your FireTV by pressing the “Back” button on the remote.
- On the Fire TV Remote, hold the REVERSE (or “rewind”) button and the UP button at the same time for 10 seconds. Your FireTV should start switching through the different video display modes (or resolutions). You can expect the light on your TV to change colors and/or blink. When it switches to a display resolution that works, press the SELECT button to select that mode. This will fix your display issue if your fireTV happens to be set to a video resolution not supported by the TV you have it plugged into.
- Your FireTV needs to be reset to the factory default settings. To do this, press BACK and REVERSE and RIGHT and SELECT to get your FireTV to prompt you to do a factory reset.
- Your FireTV is deceased. If you tried #1 and #2 above, perhaps your Firestick has perished.
- You could be forcing a screen resolution such as 1080p 60Hz. Try changing the display settings back to Auto, No Scaling (by hooking the FireTV to a TV that it’s known to work on).
- Press SELECT & PLAY (Hold the buttons down for 5 or 10 Seconds) to restart your FireTV / firestick.
Online privacy quiz (5 points, from KFireTV Admin)
Q: True or False - Your IP Address is: 22.214.171.124
A: Not sure? Find out here. If you didn't know the answer, then your online identity is at risk - and you should immediately protect yourself with a Secure VPN. This will also unblock Kodi add-ons and International TV channels, enable anonymous surfing, automate data encryption, and prevent third-party data snooping.
P.S. Take 60% off (for my beloved KFireTV visitors only).